SMART PRESS CLOSED-CAGE PNEUMATIC PRESSES
SPC 240 - 600
The high-quality, smart, large-capacity wine press
The new Smart Press line of pneumatic presses meets the needs of the most demanding winemakers. They are equipped with the latest innovations. The Fast Press drainage grids and the smart pressing system allow optimal use of the press to extract high-quality juices. The Smart Press pneumatic press range is available for all wineries, from 20 to 600 hl in the closed-cage version, and 40 to 150hl in the open-cage version.
- The juices are protected
- The juice run-off goes directly into the closed and inert juice tank
- The aromas and colours are preserved
- Easy Press 2 smart pressing cycles
- The juice is clear, not cloudy, thanks to self-filtration through the pomace
- The Ingas and Enoxy+ system protects against oxidation
- The juices at the end of the pressing are better protected and more valuable
- New Touch Press colour touchscreen console - ergonomic and intuitive
- Smart cycle and end-of-press management as standard on the Easy Press 2
- Washing the press is quick and easy thanks to the Fast Press* drainage grids (15 to 30 minutes)
- Easier to use
- Less handling by the operator
- Pomace is emptied completely and quickly
- Complete drainage cap for thorough cleaning of the press
- Hardy, reliable design
- Faster juice run-off:
larger drainage surface than the previous range (+ 30 to 140%) *
- Improvement filling capacity:
faster drainage (+ 15 to 25 %) *
- Shorter pressing time
*depends on the model, type and condition of the grapes, and filling time
PELLENC PERA ŒNOPROCESS R&D engineers have come up with simple, efficient systems that improve Smart Press pressing efficiency. There are significant improvements: better filling capacity, improved drainage, optimised pressing time, and they are easy to use.
The Fast Press grids enable better drainage and easier washing.
Increased drainage surface: up to 360% more*
- Greater filling capacity: up to 30% more*
- Faster pressing: up to 1 hour less*
* depending on the variety, maturity, and health of the grapes, and the press fill rate
Capacity from 240 to 600 hl
The new Smart Press has features to help with cleaning.
In the closed-cage version, the Fast Press drainage grids have few nooks and crannies and help ensure the pomace is completely removed.
The rapid retraction system enables complete access under the grids.
The built-in automatic washing systems help reduce washing time to less than 30 minutes.
The design has been optimised to make washing the press easier:
- The new Fast Press drainage grids and the emptying coil gather the pomace towards the chosen door, so it can be removed entirely.
- The fast grid opening system makes it easier to thoroughly wash the vat. Daily washing is faster: 30 minutes on average.
No more inaccessible corners, the vat is cleaned perfectly!
- An air-diffuser drain for better-balanced pressing on the membrane
- The membrane is made of food-grade polyurethane (compliant with CE/FDA food standards) for pressing even with a very small quantity of grapes
- A coil brings the pomace to the door(s) for rapid and complete emptying of the press
- A technical access hatch to reach into the air section and carry out maintenance operations on the membrane
The new intuitive Touch Press touchscreen interface and the Easy Press 2 smart pressing system make it easy to start using the machine:
- Pressing cycles that can be customised to meet the needs of the winery (logistics, quality, etc.)
- Real-time adjustable pressing programme
- Save the programmes (in advanced mode) on a USB memory stick for perfect traceability
- The pressing cycle depends on two criteria set by the operator: quality and dryness of the pomace
- Real-time information on any anomalies for faster response times by operators
All the press control interfaces can be centralised on a remote screen in the winery.
- The various pressing phases can be programmed by the operator: pressure, hold time, number of cycles for breaking up the press cake
- 20 programs with 99 possible programming lines
- The automatic controller manages the pressing cycles according to the juice run-off and the end of the cycles depending on the desired degree of dryness
- Optimised pressing time and number of cycles to break up the press cake
- The extracted juices are of higher quality
- Pressing stops according to the pomace drying rate
- Five predefined types of grapes: destemmed grapes, whole clusters, fermented pomace, damaged grapes, end of maceration
For the highest degree of precision control of the press, the Smart Press can be equipped with optional spring balances and flow meters.
In addition to INGAS, it is possible to inject a neutral gas (Nitrogen or CO2) during crumbling in order to obtain optimal protection against must oxidation.
This straightforward and effective system is controlled directly from the Touch Press interface on the press.
The operator chooses the duration and timing of the injection.
It lets the operator direct the must towards one of two channels according to criteria defined by the winemaker: phases of the pressing cycle, elapsed time, conductivity.
Each channel is connected to a tank. The valves controlled by the juice selector are managed automatically thanks to the Touch Press interface on the presses.
In the pressing program, for each line of the pressing cycle, the operator selects the channel to which the juice run-off will be directed.
The 3rd channel is used to wash the pipes. The conductivity probe at the outlet of the juice tank makes it possible to set up a qualitative selection of juices according to the conductivity of the run-off.
This system, controlled by the press PLC, allows the injection of liquid antioxidant into the bottom of the juice. This simple and efficient system complements the oxidation protection offered by Smart Press presses.
The double wall allows for cooling and maintaining the temperature of the harvest inside the press. It enables maceration at a controlled temperature.
This option is available on Smart Press SPC 240 to 600 presses.
* the effectiveness of the system depends on a variety of factors (climatic conditions, harvest input temperature, etc.)
With this system, a liquid oenological solution can be injected automatically during the crumbling process
The development of the ENOXY+ system has made the Smart Press a highly effective winemaking tool. The system enables the injection of liquid oenological solutions into the heart of the press.
1- Injection of plant-based proteins into the harvest and as soon as possible provides protection against oxidation and reduces the need for SO² injection.
2- Injection of enzymes during skin macerations or maceration after the Flash Detente process
3- Injection of antioxidant in liquid form (e.g. S02, ascorbic acid, etc.)
|SPC CLOSED CAGE|
|Tank capacity (hl)||240||320||480||600|
|Min. quantity||0 kg|
|Door feeding||1 or 2 independent motorised airtight doors|
|Axial feeding with full capacity detector||o Ø 150|
|Juice run-off||Three outlets, flowing directly into the closed juice tank o Pneumatic valves|
|Automatic washing cycle|
|FAST PRESS drainage grid|
|Fast Press electropolished grids||o|
|Advanced Pressing Cycle|
|Easy Press 2 smart pressing cycle|
|Touch Press colour touchscreen console|
|Membranes||High density polyester weave coated with polyurethane. FDA/EEC 1227 food-grade quality|
● as standard o available as an option - not available
|SPC 240 - 600 CLOSED CAGE|
|MODELS||SPC 240||SPC 320||SPC 480||SPC 600|
|Number of doors||1 or 2||1 or 2||1 or 2||1 or 2|
|Ø axial feeding||0.15||0.15||0.15||0.15|
|Vat volume (hl)||240||320||480||600|
|Whole grape capacity (kg)||22000||30000||45000||55000|
|Destemmed grape capacity (kg)||60000||80000||120000||150000|
|Fermented pomace capacity (kg)||70000||100000||150000||1800000|
|Drainage time||2 h - 2 h 30||2 h - 2 h 30||2 h 15 - 2 h 45||2 h 15 - 2 h 45|
|Emptying time||20-30 min||20-30 min||20-30 min||20-30 min|
|Base power (kW)||24||28||37.5||37.5|
“We opted for four Smart Press SPC 600 machines because their grape pressing technology is so much more advanced. We also rearranged the layout of the winery so that we can now take in up to 900 metric tons each day. We couldn’t have got the machines up and running properly without the support provided by PELLENC PERA ŒNOPROCESS before and after we installed them.”