Inject winemaking additives into the heart of the press
This system automatically injects a liquid oenological solution into the harvest during the process of breaking up the press cakes. It reduces the required injections of SO² and increases their efficacy by distributing them throughout the juice extraction process.
The result is a smaller overall quantity injected at more regular intervals. Adding a very small dose to the press stops harmful enzyme action (PPO, laccase, etc.) and protects the musts from oxidation.
The development of the ENOXY+ system has made the Smart Press a highly effective winemaking tool. The system enables the injection of liquid oenological solutions into the heart of the press.
- 1) Injection of plant-based proteins into the harvest as early as possible in order to protect against oxidation and reduce the need for SO2 injection.
- 2) Injection of enzymes during skin macerations or maceration after the Flash Detente process
- 3- Injection of antioxidant in liquid form (e.g. S02, ascorbic acid, etc.)
Their aromatic intensity is amplified
Can be used with SO2:
- Reduced risk: less chance of error
- Specific and gradual dosing
- Increases the efficacy of the injected SO2
- Reduces the overall dose of SO2
- Preserves the glutathione
- Increases the production of thiols
- At the end of the pressing process, the product is better preserved
- The colour is protected
- Simple and effective
- The press remains multipurpose
- No depreciation if you want to sell it
- A compact system
“Injection of antioxidant during the crumbling phases”
“We have done some initial trials of adding a fining agent directly into the presses with our Syrah and Grenache grapes, and the results are good. The purity and intensity of the colour is similar in both tanks, even with less input of additives. The aromatic potential and glutathione are preserved for the most part, which is the main objective of this approach. The need for additives is reduced and the harvest and the aromas are preserved.”