Management of oak ageing with alternatives
Optimise the ageing of your wines
Smart Oak is an innovative tool for controlling the oak ageing of wines, allowing faster, more accurate extraction of the oak to suit consumer tastes.
Smart Oak is an automated tool for managing the oaking of wines. Smart Oak is connected to an oaking vat. Different types of wood fragments can be used (wood shavings, staves, and blocks). Balanced, quality oak ageing with alternatives is completed in a few days instead of a few weeks. The winemaker chooses the type of wood shavings to put in the wines to suit consumer demand, with a simple, easy-to-use interface.
Controlled oak ageing with alternatives
- lnerting during the oaking operation.
- Preserves the freshness and fruitiness of wines
- Controlled extraction of the aromatic compounds from the oak wood.
- Temperature monitoring in real time.
- Alert in the event of air intake
- Choice of extraction intensity according to the desired type of wine
Customisation of wines on demand
- Reduced wood/wine contact time (a few days instead of 3 to 6 months in the static process)
- Rapid return on investment
- Flexibility: enables fast adaptation to consumer demand
- Improved control of wine preservation (no transfer from the tank upon completion of the oak ageing with alternatives process)
Excellent integration of the oaking process
- Wood shavings added to the Smart Oak tank
- No need to lift bags of wood shavings to the top of the tanks
- Safer for operators
- Customised control of oak ageing with alternatives: automatic or manual programmes as required
- User-friendly and intuitive touchscreen interface
Allows for more pronounced flavours and sweetness.
Allows for wines with a good balance between aromas and tannins.
Gives full-bodied wines.
“Smart Oak lets you pinpoint the optimal period of time for oak ageing with alternatives. Smart Oak provides a response to an urgent, unplanned demand for oak ageing with alternatives The organoleptic result still complies with current practice. The process is also repeatable. Smart Oak is easy to use and set up. The wine retains its fruitiness and its flavours while gaining structure and volume in the mouth.”