Flash Detente technology
Adapt your wines to consumer demand
This innovative process of thermovinification of red and white grapes enables a significant improvement in the quality of the wines and adaptation of the type of final product according to consumer demand.
The “Flash Detente” thermovinification process works by quickly heat-treating the grapes at a high temperature, then immediately cooling them by pressure reduction.
- Fewer refits, labour saving
- The entire volume of the tank is used
- Stronger and faster alcoholic fermentation
- Better temperature control during fermentation
- Fermentation volumes increased by 25% with the same energy input
- Easier tank drainage (if vinification occurs during the liquid phase)
- Better cooling exchange during fermentation
- 24-hours-a-day operation is possible
- Continuous process up to alcoholic fermentation
- Reduced heating costs thanks to greater flexibility with harvesting dates
- Improved winery capacities to produce new styles of wine or juice
- Optimised winery with more options for the vinification team
- Fermentation capacity increased by 25% with an equivalent energy input
Compared to traditional techniques, the Flash Detente process significantly increases the quantity of extracted dyes, the polyphenols and the polysaccharides. The wines produced have more colour and are fruitier and rounder, with no reduction in the tannin structure.
The heat-treated harvest is continuously fed into the flash-vacuum chamber. That chamber is subjected to a high vacuum which almost instantly cools the harvest. The steam this generates is condensed. Condensates and drained juices are reintroduced into the pump.
The process is entirely controlled by a programmable logic controller (PLC) which regulates the temperature when the grapes leave the heating chamber depending on the type of vinification chosen (hot pre-fermentation maceration: 70°C, Flash Detente thermovinification: 85°C).
A simple and intuitive touchscreen enables the operator to control the various operating parameters (temperatures, maceration time) and informs the operator of any operational problems.
|MODELS||FDT - 10||FDT - 20||FDT - 35|
|CAPACITY||10 t/h||20 t/h||30 t/h|
"We consider this Flash Detente thermovinification process to be a very worthwhile invention. This technique has enabled us to modify the profiles of our wines, making them fruitier and rounder and perfectly suited to the tastes of the world market. We are very satisfied with all the technical possibilities this technology makes possible! "