SMART PRESS CLOSED-CAGE PNEUMATIC PRESSES
SPC 40 - 150
The high-quality," smart and connected press"
The new Smart Press range of pneumatic presses meets the needs of the most demanding winemakers. They are equipped with the latest innovations. The Fast Press drainage grids and the new intuitive control interface allow optimal use of the press to extract the highest quality juices. The Smart Press pneumatic press range is available for all wineries, from 20 to 600 hl in the closed-cage version, and 40 to 150 hl in the open-cage version.
The pleasure of straightforward pressings
- New Touch Press colour touchscreen console - ergonomic and intuitive
- Washing the press is quick and easy thanks to the Fast Press* drainage grids (15 to 30 minutes)
- Easier to use
- Less handling by the operator
- Pomace is emptied completely and quickly
*depends on the model, type and condition of the grapes, and filling time
Une conception sans compromis
- Bouchon de vidange totale pour un nettoyage intégral du pressoir
- Conception robuste et fiable
- Écoulement des jus plus rapide :
surface de drainage supérieure à la gamme précédente (+ 30 à 140 %) *
- Amélioration de la capacité de remplissage :égouttage plus rapide (+ 15 à 25 %) *
- Réduction du temps de pressurage
*Selon modèle, type et état sanitaire de la vendange, temps de remplissage
PELLENC PERA ŒNOPROCESS R&D engineers have come up with simple, efficient systems that improve Smart Press pressing efficiency. There are significant improvements: better filling capacity, improved drainage, optimised pressing time, and they are easy to use.
The Fast Press grids enable better drainage and easier washing.
Increased drainage surface: up to 360% more*
- Greater filling capacity: up to 30% more*
- Faster pressing: up to 1 hour less*
* depending on the variety, maturity, and health of the grapes, and the press fill rate
Capacity from 40 to 150 hl
The new Smart Press has features to help with cleaning.
In the closed-cage version, the Fast Press drainage grids have few nooks and crannies and help ensure the pomace is completely removed.
The built-in automatic washing systems help reduce washing time to less than 30 minutes.
The design has been optimised to make washing the press easier:
- The fast grid opening system makes it easier to thoroughly wash the vat. Daily washing is faster: 30 minutes on average.
No more inaccessible corners, the vat is cleaned perfectly!
- An air-diffuser drain for better-balanced pressing on the membrane
- The membrane is made of food-grade polyurethane (compliant with CE/FDA food standards) for pressing even with a very small quantity of grapes
The new intuitive Touch Press touchscreen interface and the Easy Press 2 smart pressing system make it easy to start using the machine:
- Pressing cycles that can be customised to meet the needs of the winery (logistics, quality, etc.)
- Real-time adjustable pressing programme
- Save the programmes (in advanced mode) on a USB memory stick for perfect traceability
- The pressing cycle depends on two criteria set by the operator: quality and dryness of the pomace
- Real-time information on any anomalies for faster response times by operators
- The various pressing phases can be programmed by the operator: pressure, hold time, number of cycles for breaking up the press cake
- 20 programs with 99 possible programming lines
- The automatic controller manages the pressing cycles according to the juice run-off and the end of the cycles depending on the desired degree of dryness
- Optimised pressing time and number of cycles to break up the press cake
- The extracted juices are of higher quality
- Pressing stops according to the pomace drying rate
- Five predefined types of grapes: destemmed grapes, whole clusters, fermented pomace, damaged grapes, end of maceration
In addition to INGAS, it is possible to inject a neutral gas (Nitrogen or CO2) during crumbling in order to obtain optimal protection against must oxidation.
This straightforward and effective system is controlled directly from the Touch Press interface on the press.
The operator chooses the duration and timing of the injection.
It lets the operator direct the must towards one of two channels according to criteria defined by the winemaker: phases of the pressing cycle, elapsed time, conductivity.
Each channel is connected to a tank. The valves controlled by the juice selector are managed automatically thanks to the Touch Press interface on the presses.
In the pressing program, for each line of the pressing cycle, the operator selects the channel to which the juice run-off will be directed.
The 3rd channel is used to wash the pipes. The conductivity probe at the outlet of the juice tank makes it possible to set up a qualitative selection of juices according to the conductivity of the run-off.
This system, controlled by the press PLC, allows the injection of liquid antioxidant into the bottom of the juice. This simple and efficient system complements the oxidation protection offered by Smart Press presses.
The double wall allows for cooling and maintaining the temperature of the harvest inside the press. It enables maceration at a controlled temperature.
This option is available on Smart Press SPC 240 to 600 presses.
* the effectiveness of the system depends on a variety of factors (climatic conditions, harvest input temperature, etc.)
With this system, a liquid oenological solution can be injected automatically during the crumbling process
The development of the ENOXY+ system has made the Smart Press a highly effective winemaking tool. The system enables the injection of liquid oenological solutions into the heart of the press.
1- Injection of plant-based proteins into the harvest and as soon as possible provides protection against oxidation and reduces the need for SO² injection.
2- Injection of enzymes during skin macerations or maceration after the Flash Detente process
3- Injection of antioxidant in liquid form (e.g. S02, ascorbic acid, etc.)
|SMART PRESS CLOSED-CAGE SPC RANGE|
|Tank capacity (hl)||40||50||65||80||110||150|
|Min. quantity||0 kg|
|Door feeding||1 manual double door||1 or 2 independent motorised airtight doors|
|Axial feeding with full capacity detector||o Ø 125||o Ø 150|
|Juice run-off||Three outlets, flowing directly into the closed juice tank|
|Automatic washing cycle|
|Automatic, high-pressure washing||o|
|Drainage||Fast Press drainage grids|
|Fast Press electropolished grids||o|
|Advanced Pressing Cycle|
|Touch Press colour touchscreen console|
|Membranes||High density polyester weave coated with polyurethane. FDA/EEC 1227 food-grade quality|
● as standard o available as an option - not available
|SPC 40 - 150 CLOSED-CAGE|
|MODELS||SPC 40||SPC 50||SPC 65||SPC 80||SPC 110||SPC 150|
|Number of doors||1||1 or 2||1 or 2||1 or 2||1 or 2||1 or 2|
|Ø axial feeding||0.12||0.12||0.12||0.12||0.15||0.15|
|Vat volume (hl)||40||50||67||80||110||150|
|Whole grape capacity (kg)||3600||4500||6000||7200||10000||14000|
|Destemmed grape capacity (kg)||10000||12500||16750||20000||27500||37500|
|Fermented pomace capacity (kg)||12000||15000||20000||24000||33000||45000|
|Drainage time||1 h 20 - 2 h 10||1 h 20 - 2 h 10||1 h 20 - 2 h 20||1 h 20 - 2 h 20||1 h 20 - 2 h 20||1 h 20 - 2 h 20|
|Emptying time||15 - 20 min||15 - 20 min||15 - 20 min||15 - 20 min||15 - 20 min||15-25 min|
|Base power (kW)||N/A||N/A||6.35||6.35||11.25||11.25|
|Power with built-in compressor (kW)||10.05||10.05||13.85||13.85||26.25||26.25|
“There were several reasons behind my decision to invest in a PELLENC PERA ŒNOPROCESS press:
● The quality and speed of the juice extraction
● The automatic washing system in this Smart Press washes the whole machine, including under the grids, which gives a very satisfactory result.
● The technical support provided by PELLENC PERA ŒNOPROCESS and their distributor from the day the machine was installed all the way to operating it at harvest time.”